And the mountains echoed
- 1 of 1 copy available at LARL/NWRL Consortium.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Northwest Regional Library. (Show preferred library)
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Red Lake Falls Public Library||lp HOS (Text)||35500005281066||Main||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781410458797 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1410458792 (hardcover)
597 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, Maine : Thorndike Press, 2013.
|Summary, etc.:||Presents a story inspired by human love, how people take care of one another, and how choices resonate through subsequent generations. Afghanistan, 1952. Abdullah and his sister Pari live with their father and step-mother in the small village of Shadbagh. Their father, Saboor, is constantly in search of work and they struggle together through poverty and brutal winters. To Adbullah, Pari, as beautiful and sweet-natured as the fairy for which she was named, is everything. What happens to them-and the large and small manners in which it echoes through the lives of so many other people-is proof of the moral complexity of life.|
Search for related items by subject
Interpersonal relations Fiction
Community life Fiction
Large type books